Look to OBS for your next bookmobile. Each one is custom designed to make your dream vehicle a reality that looks beautiful and lasts for years to come. Enjoy the amazing functionality of a reliable vehicle that is trimmed in style, raising awareness for your organization throughout your community. See examples of some of our products.
Why Choose OBS Inc. for Your Bookmobile
For more than 25 years, OBS Inc. has been a leader in building fully custom bookmobiles for libraries across the nation. Take advantage of our expert guidance as we work together with you to develop a design that will best serve the needs of your patrons and staff.
- We offer bookmobiles in a variety of styles and sizes from small book trucks to large “library-on-wheels” bus styles to meet both city and country needs in the US and Canada.
- We assist you in the planning stages and grant writing applications with photos, specifications, floor plans, and other information you need to make your request for funding solid.
- At OBS, our staff will work with you through the planning phase to select a floorplan that will give you the optimal use of space with the best functionality possible.
- We build each one in our Canton, Ohio, plant to meet your specifications.
Bookmobile Features You Won’t Find Anywhere Else
One of the biggest “wow” factors for our clients and their patrons alike is the custom-built shelving and cabinetry, bringing both top functionality as well as style to our bookmobiles. And that’s just the beginning.
- The bookmobile interior features custom cabinetry, functional desks, plenty of counter space, and high-quality shelving to meet library needs (see our photo gallery).
- We optionally install technology including TV’s, computer workstations, and wifi internet access.
- You can request comfort options like microwaves, refrigerators and restrooms.
- If you need more space, consider adding an awning for outdoor programs.
- Get custom graphics that attract attention and raises your brand awareness.
- Temperature insulated specialty vehicles with an R-14 rating are warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
- Each specialty vehicle is sprayed with a corrosion inhibitor for longer life.
- Easy enter and exit with a two-step stepwell – safe and easy for all ages to navigate (All Blue Bird units). ADA wheelchair lifts are available upon request.
- Each bookmobile contains the appropriate generator capable of handling the load of the onboard equipment. It is insulated for noise reduction and stored in a roll-out compartment for easy maintenance.
Get Started on Your Way to a New Custom Bookmobile
Contact us with your questions. We are a member of the Association of Bookmobiles & Outreach Services (ABOS), and our staff will be glad to work with you. We understand libraries, and outreach services.
Request a quote for your dream bookmobile, and see how reasonably priced we are. Begin the design and build process to get the specialty vehicle you need today!